Last Updated: April 2021
Pfizer Inc. respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes our practices in connection with the information collected through LivingWith® (the “App”). By using the App, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice. For additional details about how we collect and use personal information, including applicable US state privacy rights and notices for California residents, please visit https://privacycenter.pfizer.com/State-app-policy
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
The App collects the personal information you choose to provide (“User Information”).
The App may ask for the following User Information when you use the App, including (mandatory data is being highlighted with *):
- Registration/Profile Data (including but not limited to the mandatory data name, email address and password)*
- Health Data:
- Sleep and Steps (may be connected from Fitbit Connect or GoogleFit or Apple Health if you chose to connect)
- Pain (location and intensity)
- Health Notes (including Note name, Note title, Note details, Add details and Notebook name)
- Posts (if health related)
- In-app social interaction data between you and other users you connect with (eg: tasks, chat messages, user role etc)
- Usage Data (purely structured, technical and automated data)
- Profile Image
If you elect to connect your third-party account to the App to enable sign-on functionality, certain User Information from your third-party account will be shared with us (here: name, email address and URL of profile photo as part of your profile), which may include User Information that is part of your third-party profile. If you provide or permit us to collect any information relating to another person, you are telling us that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information as described in this Privacy Notice.
If you add friends to your Circle and provide any User Information relating to another person, you are telling us that you have the authority to share that data and to permit us to use the data as described in this Privacy Notice. The default role in the App is the user who creates their own account. In addition, every default user can nominate other default users as his/her “proxy” user. A proxy user can use the App on behalf of the other default user to support him/her. The proxy role can access most of the functionality of the App for the default user, except for photos and audio recordings. By making a user your “proxy,” you provide your consent to us that the “proxy” user may process data on your behalf.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We may use User Information (other than data stored on the device to which Pfizer has no access) to:
- Improve the App’s functionality and provide customer service to you.
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you notifications and invitation codes or password resets.
- Send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the App and changes to our terms.
- Send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Personalize your experience with the App, including by presenting curated content and other information about products and patient service offers tailored to you.
- Facilitate social sharing functionality.
- Allow you to send messages to another person, such as a caregiver or friend.
We may disclose User Information (other than data stored on the device to which Pfizer has no access) to:
- Our affiliates, for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- Our third-party service providers, to permit them to provide authorized services on our behalf, such as data analysis; information technology and related infrastructure provisioning; customer service; email delivery; auditing; and other approved services.
- Identify you to your supporters to whom you send a message or connection request through the App.
- Your third-party account provider, if you choose to log into your App account from your third-party account.
- By connecting the App to your third party account, you authorize us to share with your third party account provider the information necessary to verify your third party account to the App. If you do not want your information shared with your third party account provider, do not connect the App to your third party account.
- A third-party, in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also use and disclose the information you provide, as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to:
- Comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence.
- Comply with legal process.
- Respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence.
- Enforce our terms and conditions.
- Protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates.
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- Allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may aggregate the information that you and other App users provide on a de-identified basis. If we do, we may use and disclose such aggregated information for any purpose. Aggregated information does not personally identify you or any other user.
DATA STORAGE AND ENCRYPTION
Your User Information is stored and encrypted as described in this section. The User Information listed in A. is stored locally on the device. The User Information that you share with your supporters using the App is being transferred to and stored on an external database.
A. The following data is stored on your device and cannot be shared with your supporters or proxy:
- Audio Recordings
- Photo Name
- Photo Details
B. The following data is always transferred to and stored on an external database (encrypted data marked with *):
- Name (first name and last name or first name/nickname + initial) and email address
- Profile Photos
- Health Notes*
- Chat and Posts*
- User Role (eg, default user or Proxy)
- Location (if you enable the weather functionality) *
- Sleep and Steps (from Fitbit Connect or Apple Health if you chose to connect) *
If you choose to register with LivingWith®, the personal information you provide as part of your registration for/opt-in to LivingWith® will be used by Pfizer in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
The App is social. The information you choose to share with your supporters will be visible to them.
You may choose to share updates, reports and other messages generated by the App with your supporters. If you choose to share a report, it will be sent to the person(s) you designate using the email functionality on your device. If you send messages within the application, it will only be visible to the supporters that you choose.
Data collected from your compatible activity tracker (Fitbit Connect, GoogleFit or Apple Health) will be sent from your activity tracker application in order to make the activity calculations that are displayed in the App. Any activity and information collected by the activity tracker is collected pursuant to their Privacy Notice.
In addition, you have the option to manually input outcomes from your activities that you record with a non-compatible personal fitness tracker. That activity tracker is operated by a third party and not subject to this Privacy Notice, but any data that you manually input in the App is subject to this Privacy Notice once we receive it.
- Information about your device, such as your screen resolution, operating system, device manufacturer and model, language and browser type. We use this information to ensure that the App functions properly.
- Information about your use of the App, including content viewed, features used and the dates and times of your interactions with the App on an aggregate and de-identified basis. We use this information to understand how users engage with the App and to customize and improve the App experience.
GOOGLE FIT® APP
LivingWith® when authorized by you can receive information from the Google Fit® application. Steps data logged by you in Google Fit® shall be displayed on the LivingWith® Health screen when Google Fit® is synced with LivingWith®. Steps data synced from Google Fit® to LivingWith® shall be displayed on the LivingWith® Report if selected by you.
The Google Sign-In option when authorized by you makes use of the user’s email address, first name and last name to display in the profile section of LivingWith®. The user’s name is used in the LivingWith® app Feed and Support sections for user identification. The email address is also used for registration purposes and further communications.
DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on DNT, the browser sends a message to websites requesting that they not track the user. At this time, Pfizer does not respond to these signals. For information about DNT, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
You are in control to the extent we collect the physical location of your device by using, for example, satellite, cell phone tower, GPS or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with location-based services and content. You may allow or deny such collection and/or use through your device settings.
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the information collection, use, disclosure or security practices, or other practices, of any third-party, including any third-party operating a service to which the App links. The inclusion of a link within the App does not imply our endorsement of the linked service.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect the information you provide to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us.
YOUR PRIVACY CONTROLS
You may stop all collection of information by the App by uninstalling the App. If applicable, you may stop the receipt of push notifications through your device settings.
USE BY MINORS
The App is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If you are at least 13 years of age but less than 18 years of age, you will need your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the App. Please consult with your parent or legal guardian before installing the App.
The App is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. The information we collect through the App may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the App, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice in the App. Your use of the App following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice was last updated as of the “Last Updated” date shown above.
Please contact us if you have any questions:
235 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
© 2021 Pfizer Inc. All rights reserved.